Graduate Research Training Group of the Institute of Physics
Who we are
The Graduate Research Training Group (Graduiertenkolleg, GRK) is the student-led organization representing all PhD students at the Institute for Physics of the University of Rostock.
What we are aiming at
Our goal is to increase the quality and impact of young scientist's research and to strengthen scientific communication. For that, we must create a community in which every member feels respected and valued. Further, the GRK represents the doctoral candidates at our institute, their matters are communicated by the speaker team to faculty.
- Low level direct scientific exchange of tools and methods
- Enhanced communication and presentation skills, strengthened competences for scientific and industrial career
- As an active member, you'll receive an official certificate with all teaching duties listed and your additional non-scientific tasks will be acknowledged at your PhD defense
- Several support measures, such as student assistants, courses, conference visits, guest scientists and external speakers etc. can be funded by the GRK
- Connect with other PhD students via social events
Most of our events take place during the weekly doctoral seminar on Thursdays, 3-4pm. Have a look at the website to learn about active GRK membership and the current scientific activities within the doctoral seminar.
Every PhD student at our institute can be a member of the Graduate Research Training Group. If you want to be an official member of the GRK, please fill out the application form. Our mailing list is biannually updated from the websites of the research groups of our institute. To unsubscribe and withdraw your membership, or to join the mailing list if we have overlooked you, please contact the speaker team of the GRK.
Inclusivity and diversity are necessary for excellence and innovation in research. Therefore we welcome and respect every member of the community. We support the University's Diversity Policy. An easy way towards inclusivity is to include your pronouns in your email signature.
How to contribute/how to be an active member
The fastest way to contribute and become an active member is to schedule an introductory talk about your PhD project. Please click on the button below to see how to contribute in additional ways.